Monday 12 September 2011

Apples

I was round my friends house the other day having a good old catch up, when her mum came in and asked if I'd like a bag of home produce! Amongst the beans and courgettes I had a tonne of apples and have tried out a few recipes I've wanted to try for a while; tarte tatin and apple sauce.

While the apple sauce is the perfect accompaniment to our roast pork belly, my tarte tatin did not turn out that well! First of all, I don't have a heavy bottom pan that's suitable for the oven, so I tried to make it in a banana loaf tin which I reckon was my biggest downfall. I followed the recipe as shown, but didn't make my own pastry, I had some pre-made frozen puff pastry, and just tucked the edges around the apples. Good luck if you try!

MissMash

Melted spatual - sugar gets really hot children!


No comments:

Post a Comment