Thursday 21 February 2013

Sweet Potato and Rosemary Soup

After the hectic weeks I've been having, I chose to have Monday as a day to myself to do things I wanted to do (not just had to). I know I still have work to do, but something has to feel good in my soul and I had enough time between then and my deadline to take a whole day off (take that new years resolution about planning essays earlier!). So I decided to have a well deserved lie in, get up and lounge about for a bit (My favourite pass-time), make soup, clean the kitchen (doesn't sound like a day-off jobby but I was itching to do it), go to work for a few hours and then hang out with some friends.

I browsed my fridge shelf and saw a sweet potato looking sad that it hadn't been made into chips/wedges just yet. I scooped him up and promised him to be made into something delicious very soon.

Ingredient list;
sweet potato
rosemary
garlic
onion (but I didn't have one wahh- to be fair I try and make my recipes without because Michael hates them)
paprika
chicken stock

it's a very simple recipe, you basically just chop and boil up the sweet potato in the chicken stock, chop and add the garlic and onion (I'd have fried these off if I had one), add the herbs and spices and wait!


 




I chose to blitz mine as I'm a fan of a soup like that but you can do whatever you fancy :) let me know if you give this recipe a try!



No comments:

Post a Comment