Thursday 23 May 2013

Day 23, Thursday: Things you've learned that school won't teach you


I think the main theme for the lessons I've chosen is that these things you technically are taught in school, but you need a bit of your own life experience and 
  1. that teachers/parents/elders do really know better than you, but you need to experience it yourself to believe them. E.g. times the best healer, it'll be better in the morning, you can't revise just the night before and expect to do well.
  2. when you weigh things in the supermarket it's much cheaper than buying anything in a 'deal'.
  3. things that have taken a lot of thought trump those that are expensive
  4. you have to have gone through something yourself to slightly understand what someone is going through or feeling, even then you don't fully know. But still, if you haven't you can definitely listen.
  5. The importance of listening. People can really open up and take a weight off their shoulders if you let them know that someone does actually care. 
There are a lot more but I'm not going to go there, I think 5 is good :) I can't wait to see what everyone else posts today - this is a great prompt!

3 comments:

  1. number 2, I definitely will keep that in mind! This was great stuff - I still have to come up with something after work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree most with number 4 and 5! I thought today's prompt was hard! So many things you can't learn in school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listening is definitely an undervalued skill and you hit the nail on the head about doing it! I know.listening is always the most appreciated thing I can do when I meet someone and it's free! HOORAY!

    ReplyDelete