Thursday 17 October 2013

Exploring Exeter: Haldon Forest Park

I'm currently commuting an hour to work, this isn't so bad as it's for a night shift, three consecutive evenings a week. That means I can drive up one evening, do the night shift, spend a day in that town, do the night shift, spend another day there, do a night shift, and then come home. Unfortunately though, that means I see less of Michael because it's also the only days he comes home during the week, hmph. That said, my boy is the loveliest. and yeah I know a lot of people say that, but he recently came up on that middle day so I didn't have to be by myself.

We went to a lovely little farm shop and cafe (that was seriously delicious, I'd certainly go back!), then for a walk around Haldon Forest Park (that has so much to offer!). I unfortunately haven't worn my walking boots for a good year, and got an incredible blister than Michael wanted to pop badly ha. We started off on the raptor trail (because of our love of dinosaurs, clearly). But then got distracted by the cycle paths that looked so much more interesting.

 

So down those paths we wandered, and found conkers -


we got to the beautiful top, which would have been even more incredible on a clear day, but still lovely

Took some selfies that Michael doesn't like

And headed back down to the loo's. Where we found this cool fire pit!


It was a wonderfully fun day, spent with my favourite person, chatting about ridiculous and peculiar things the whole time. I am very lucky.


1 comment:

  1. Great place, dear!
    xoxo
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4487669/donkeycool

    ReplyDelete